Overview Quick New Message
Write a new message quickly:
The Quick Message window is where you will be writing your messages when you click on the 'Create Message' button to write a NEW message to some one. Here are the simple steps:
TIP: Keystroke shortcuts.
- When you first click on the 'Create Message' button, you will see the address book open up.
- Use the scroll bar or simply type the first few letters of a name in the search field to find a name.
- Highlight the name of the person you want, then double-click on that line or click the SELECT button.
- Then the information from your address book is placed in the To and From fields, as is your server information.
- The program will pick a Hi and Bye from what you have for that addressee and insert it into your message.
- When you REPLY to a message, the information from your address book is already in place in the To and From fields, as is your server information.
- Type your message, change or adjust your Theme if you desire, add your Subject and SEND!
If you are working on an elaborate script and want to see how it will appear to someone using Outlook Express for E.g. then you can also view it in your default mailer by clicking on the button NEXT to the View in Browser button.
- From the Quick (or New) Message window press function key F2 to view the message in the Browser.
- If all is well and ready to go, F4 from the browser will SEND it.
- Esc to go back.
In the topics to come we will go over what all the HTML buttons do in this window (and in the Quick Reply window).