Clicking on the Preferences Command will allow you to set (in one place!) many settings in Mokum Mail.
This is what you see after clicking the Preferences Command...
Clicking on the 'Click ...' fields will change the various options with each setting.
Let's go through the list one at a time:
The MESSAGE RULES button at the bottom of the Preferences Window will be discussed later! Click here to go there directly.
- Do you want to see Tool Tips? Of course you do! With ALL of Mokum Mail's features, it is a big help to refresh
yourself on what some of the buttons mean!
- Do you want to see the most recent messages at the top of the lists? Yes or No... it is up to you!
- Menu's at the left or at the right on your screen? Try it both ways! Then you can decide...
- Should Mokum Mail check your 'ACTIVE' accounts at start-up? In other words, do you want MM to start downloading headers as soon as you open up?
- Do you want to automatically have Mokum Mail position your cursor at the default choice? For EG: You click on the SEND button and your cursor is in position to click the OK button when the send box info pops up! Yes or No... the choice is yours!
- Do you want a 24 hour clock or rather the AM/PM format? Click to change and you will notice the clock above switch immediately.
- Zip the Log file automatically if the file size is larger than......Here you have several choices.
- Manual... YOU choose when to zip the file
- 250 KB... Mokie will automatically zip after the size reaches 250 KB
- 500 KB... Mokie will zip after the size reaches 500 KB
- 750 KB... Mokie will zip after the size reaches 750 KB
- 1 MB... Mokie will zip after the size reaches 1 MB (suggested setting)
- While extracting messages, move duplicate files first to the Recycle Bin, without asking for permission. This eliminates having the same common logo file for E.g. saved over and over again.
- Set the default size of the Mokum Mail window to... With this option you can make the Mokum Mail window smaller than your monitor's resolution. The following sizes are possible (and will utilize that portion of your screen)... depending on your monitor resolution settings:
- 800 x 600
- 1024 x 768
- 1152 x 864
- 1280 x 768
- 1280 x 960
- 1280 x 1024
- 1400 x 1050
- 1600 x 1200
- 1800 x 1440
- 1920 x 1200
- 1920 x 1440
Having these options for window size allows someone with a very wide screen to adapt MM to a standard size within their own screen.)
NOTE: If you find that none of the settings work with your particular wide screen, then use the Custom setting and set your own size. (click the small button to the right of custom)
You might want to play with setting choices until you find one that
works on your screen, smaller than your screen resolution which allows
viewing of the entire MM window and is not cut off by your taskbar.
Just REMEMBER, your MM size can NOT be larger than your screen
- Do you want the Subject Line reminder at the start or at the end
when you are writing a New Message.
- The "Mug Shot" photo can be enabled/disabled. When Mokum Mail is used in a business environment, the pretty photo feature may not be wanted.
- The QUOTE (original message) in a REPLY can be set at the "start" or at the "end" of a reply message. This was added to please the recipients of your replies, who prefer to see (part of) the original message at the end of the message.
- Default Photo button: This gives you the option to have a default photo of your choice (cat, dog, grandchild...) instead of the faceless profile that appears in places where you do not have a photo picked for addresses etc.
- Graphics Viewer: By default MM will use Irfanview for viewing
images, smilies and etc. BUT, if you wish to use something different,
you can experiment with other programs by clicking the button and adding
a program to the list. There is no guarantee any or all will work!
The Info files, by default, are now ONLINE files... BUT IF you have chosen to download them to your PC, you will also see an INFO Colors button at the bottom of your preferences.
Clicking on this button will allow you to change the INFO pages to colors and font size of your choice. Some may prefer different colors which make reading the files better for their own eyes. You can Preview your color choice and then click Done, if happy. The Default button will reset the colors to the original.
NOTE: Colors can NOT be changed if you access the files Online!
Once you have set all your options, simply click on the DONE button and close your Preferences window.